The Stardust Cafe

A place for Stardust players to join together and share stories, thoughts, feelings on anything that's near & dear to our hearts.
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Onion Soup - Food Network

Go down 

PostSubject: Re: Onion Soup - Food Network   Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:47 am

I love Onion Soup but Onion Soup doesn't love me PFFFFFFFFFFTTTT .... however I just might try this recipe if e1 stands back and far far away from the toot zone affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Onion Soup - Food Network   Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:40 am

I was watching Giada at Home on the food network and she made this. It's easy and I tried it the other day and it was sooooo good, so I thought I'd share the recipe. I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought it could be a main dish... Smile

Onion Soup with Fontina and Thyme

* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 large Vidalia onions, sliced
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
* 4 cups beef broth
* 4 slices ciabatta bread, cubed
* 4 ounces sliced fontina cheese
* Special equipment: 4 (1 1/2-cup) ovenproof ramekins

In a medium, heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the thyme and broth. Simmer, uncovered, until the onions are soft, about 15 minutes.

Divide the soup between the 4 ovenproof ramekins. Divide the cubed bread among the ramekins. Top each with slices of fontina cheese. Place under the broiler, until the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onion Soup - Food Network
Page 1 of 1